AlbaCon – Attendee Terms & Conditions
Date of this version: 6th August 2020
The following terms and conditions apply to everyone attending AlbaCon.
INTERPRETATION AND GENERAL
- AlbaCon (hereafter referred to as the “Event”) is an online tabletop games convention. The Event is organised by David Wright, the director of AlbaCon, supported by James Donaldson, Kirsten McLaughlan, Mark Palmer, Simon Paulton and Oliver Peltier (hereafter referred to as the “Organisers”).
- The Event takes place online and is facilitated via the AlbaCon website – www.albacon.co.uk (the “Venue”).
- For the purpose of these terms and conditions, references to “Games” or “Game” are for the iteration of the particular RPG sessions and other time based events the individual Attendee buys tickets for and/or attends.
- Every Attendee will:
- Follow any instructions and comply with any reasonable requests made to the Attendee in advance of or during the Event by the Organisers or anyone acting as a Volunteer at the Event.
- Follow and act in accordance with the Code Of Conduct defined by the Organisers and available on www.albacon.co.uk
- These terms and conditions shall be subject to Scots Law.
- All matters and questions not covered by these terms are subject to the decision of the Organisers. Attendees agree to abide by and conform to all additional rules and regulations from time to time adopted or prescribed by the Organisers for the management of the Event to the extent that such rules and regulations are shown or explained to the Attendees.
PURCHASE OF TICKETS AND REFUNDS
- Everyone wishing to access the Games hosted by the Event must have a valid ticket.
- Each Ticket must be purchased in advance of the Event.
- Tickets are purchased online in advance of the Event using PayPal as payment processor.
- All money raised, after transaction costs, will be donated to the Organisers nominated charity within 30 days of the convention completion.
- If an Attendee buys a ticket, but then discovers that they will be unable to attend, they may request a refund.
- Refunds will be the full purchase price, less transaction fees incurred by PayPal and may be obtained by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a cancellation provided that the e-mail is received by midnight on Saturday 26th September 2020.
- Whilst every effort will be made to respond swiftly to refund requests, please allow up to 28 days for a refund to be actioned. Note that if payment is made via Credit Card, refunds via PayPal may take longer than 28 days.
- Under no circumstances will refunds be made if the request for the refund is not made until after the Event has started for that year.
- As the Event is a charity fundraiser the Organisers would encourage attendees to donate any monies due rather than request a refund where possible.
- The Organisers reserve the right to cancel any tickets believed to have been purchased fraudulently.
ADMITTANCE TO THE EVENT
- Children under the age of 12 years old at the time of the convention can only be Attendees at the Event if a parent or guardian is also attending the same Games as them.
- The Organisers, in their absolute discretion, may take whatever action they deem appropriate up to and including removing the Attendee from the Event if they consider that any Attendee is acting in a way which;
- poses risks to the health and safety of others attending the Event; and/or
- contravenes the Code Of Conduct of the Event as appropriate; and/or
- is likely to cause offense or distress to others attending the Event.
- Any Attendee who is uncertain as to the appropriateness or acceptability of any activities should consult the Code Of Conduct on www.albacon.co.uk website and / or discuss his or her concerns with the Organisers in advance of the Event by emailing email@example.com
FORCE MAJEURE AND OTHER CANCELLATION OF THE EVENT
- The Organisers reserve the right to cancel the Event at any time if they deem this necessary, including if the Event is interrupted and/or discontinued. In the event of such cancellation, the liability of the Organisers shall be limited to refunding any fees paid by an Attendee in advance of the Event subject to a pro rata reduction for that portion of the anticipated time for which the Event was scheduled to run which in fact fell before any such cancellation.